Latest News

Gens hit roadblock

By Chris Jones/The Oshawa Express

The Generals struggled over the weekend, with two losses and one postponement.

While Sunday’s action against the Kingston Frontenacs was postponed due to inclement weather, Oshawa was on the road taking on the Ottawa 67’s the night before.

The game started slow, with both teams taking fewer than 10 shots in the first period.

However, both sides were able to find the back of the net, as Allan McShane opened the scoring in favour of the Gens when he rifled a pass from Ty Tullio over the shoulder of goaltender Cedrick Andree.

But Ottawa would respond in kind, with Marco Rossi scoring their first and only goal of the period, followed by Noel Hoefenmayer scoring the lone goal in the second, and the first goal of the third period, putting the Gens down by two only seven seconds into the final frame.

With the clock ticking down, and less than five minutes remaining in the game, after picking up a rebound right in front of Andree, Brett Neumann flipped a shot into the net to bring the Gens within one.

Then, only 13 seconds later, Brett Harrison fired a rocket past Andree to tie the game.

However, with only six seconds on the clock, Jack Quinn handed Oshawa the loss as he scored, making the final score 4-3.

In earlier action, Oshawa was taking on the Mississauga Steelheads at home.

The Generals were quick out of the gate, scoring less than three minutes into the game, as Oliver Suni grabbed the puck as it flew out of a scrum, quickly firing a shot past Kai Edmonds in net before flying through the air for his eighth of the season.

However, Mississauga would unload as they scored three goals themselves in the first period, putting the Gens down by two heading into the second period.

Oshawa refused to say die however, as a hard fought second lead to Ryan Gagnier fighting his way through a slew of Steelheads to put one past Edmonds and bring Oshawa to within one.

Missassauga added one more in the period, making it 4-2 as they headed into the final frame.

Once again finding themselves struggling to find a hole in the offensive zone, Daniel Walker took a hold of the puck for the Gens, and weaved his way through the defense and backhanded a shot off the leg of Edmonds to bring the Gens to within one.

Oshawa then found themselves in the offensive zone once again, where Suni passed to an open Kyle MacLean, who found himself alone and rocketed a one-timer into the back of the net, tying the game.

However, Mississauga would score once more to take the lead for the final time, and would score two more times on an empty net to make the final score 7-4.

Oshawa was outshot 39-35, and MacLean was the only Oshawa player to receive a star of the game as he scored once and had an assist.

The Gens hit the ice again on Thursday, Dec. 5 at home to take on the Kingston Frontenacs at 7:05 p.m. The game will also see the annual Teddy Bear Toss, as both were supposed to happen on Sunday, Dec. 1, but were postponed due to weather.

Tickets for Sunday’s game are valid for Thursday’s game, and fans aren’t required to get in touch with the team. For more information, visit