Three types of lights have been recalled by their producers, according to a news release from Health Canada, adding the federal entity tested several products available on the market and found risks to consumers, including overheating, as well as fire and electric shock hazards.
Loblaws has issued a recall on the Life at Home indoor M5 multicolour set of 70 LED Lights, citing the product is at risk of overheating and catching on fire.
Dollarama has issued a recall on two products – the set of 50 miniature straight line indoor Christmas lights and the set of 25 miniature straight line outdoor Halloween lights. According to Health Canada, the Christmas lights pose an overheating and fire hazard, while the Halloween lights can cause electric shocks.
For more information, please visit healthycandians.gc.ca.