The City of Oshawa is now accepting nominations for the annual Community Legends Award and Oshawa Culture Counts Awards.
Nominations for both recognition programs will be accepted until 4 p.m. on Friday, Feb. 14.
Recipients of the Community Legends and Culture Counts awards will be presented with their awards at a council meeting during the spring.
Community Legends Award
The Community Legends Award recognizes a person of any age or an organization/group who:
– made a significant contribution to an activity, sport or community initiative;
– contributed to improving the quality of life in Oshawa; and/or,
– made a significant impact on the Oshawa community at a grassroots level through arts and culture, sport or community initiatives.
Nominations for the Community Legends Award will be reviewed and a recipient will be determined by city council.
For details on how to apply, learn more about the award, or to view past recipients visit www.oshawa.ca/communitylegends.
Culture Counts Awards
Oshawa’s Culture Counts Awards celebrate and honour the creative and cultural achievements of the community.
Individuals, groups and/or organizations can be nominated or apply for three categories:
– Oshawa Culture Counts Professional Artist Award, which recognizes an established artist of any arts discipline who has demonstrated creativity, originality, professional maturity and artistic leadership in the community.
– Oshawa Culture Counts Emerging Artist Award, which recognizes emerging artists of all ages who are in the early stages of their career. The award encompasses all art disciplines and leverages these skills to inspire and enrich the lives of fellow citizens.
– The Innovation and Creation Champion Award, which honours individuals, collectives and/or organizations in the creative and cultural industries who have created or enhanced an event, product, program or partnership in the past year.
Applications and nominations for the Culture Counts Awards will be reviewed by a subcommittee of the Cultural Leadership Council.
Culture Counts Awards winners will also be featured in a special program at RMG (Robert McLaughlin Gallery) Fridays on May 1.
For a complete outline of Oshawa Culture Counts Awards eligibility requirements, award information and past recipients visit www.oshawa.ca/culturecountsawards